2021-2022 Classroom Grant Application - Spring Proposal Season
The Innovation in Education grant program supports the innovation and creativity of Somerville educators in their pursuit of a high quality and engaging educational experience for all students.
Teachers, administrators, and other educators in Somerville Public Schools can apply for grants to fund various classroom based and school wide programs that fall outside the regular school budget.
Some examples of programs that could be funded may include
- the integration of robotics and engineering into a school’s science curriculum
- organizing a poetry slam within the school setting.
- a classroom/school partnership with a local organization such Parts and Crafts
- attending a workshop to learn and practice teaching strategies that will support learners of all levels and engage a wide range of students
- author visits
- any other program that encourages joy in learning, curiosity and engagement.
The applications window for the Innovations in Education Grant Program is open. The application deadline is Friday, May 6th. Maximum amount of funds that can be requested is 2,000. Applicants will be notified of their status in late May.